PHP Frameworks continued
(Continued from the PHP Frameworks section on the main PHP page)A PHP Framework is a real asset when developing web applications. They allow you to structure your code and adopt best practices easily. To add, the speed at which you can build your applications is greatly enhanced due to the amount of pre-written code simplifying the process.
CakePHP PHP Framework
CakePHP is another popular PHP Framework that is still growing and thriving. The design allows for quick code generation to readily build prototypes. No complicated configuration settings. Licensed under the MIT license attractive for commercial applications.
A bunch of built-in features including translations, database access, caching, validation, authentication, and a stack more. CakePHP also uses the MVC (model view controller) structure for the best organisation of your code.
Security has been given priority using tools for input validation, CSRF protection, Form tampering protection, SQL injection prevention. The CakePHP codebase also is audited by the Mozilla Secure Open Source program.
Yii PHP Framework
Yii considers itself a "generic" web programming framework. So it's essentially suitable for building all types of web applications using PHP.
The main points listed in the documentation
- component-based architecture
- sophisticated caching support
- suitable for developing large-scale applications
- MVC (Model-View-Controller) implementation
- Written in a simple yet elegant way
- Full-stack framework
- Query builders and ActiveRecord for both relational and NoSQL databases
- Extensible. Customize or replace nearly every piece of the core's code
- Extension architecture to use or develop redistributable extensions
- High performance
- A large community of professionals constantly contributing to Yii's development
The Laminas Project is an open-source continuation of Zend Framework, a PHP framework and component library targeting enterprise applications.
It encompasses the following projects:
- Laminas Components and MVC
- Mezzio, a PHP middleware runtime, and various components and extensions to the runtime.
- Laminas API Tools, an API builder and engine, built on top of the Laminas MVC runtime.